Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review of Horns by Joe Hill

                I must say that I love Stephen King and that his son, Joe Hill, has done an amazing job with his novels. I read this one because of my love for his father and because I liked a previous Joe Hill novel that I had read called NOS4A2. As with all dark fantasy stories this novel was a little out there but that is why I enjoy these types of novels.
               Horns tells the story of a man, Ig, who has tragically been blamed for the sadistic sexual murder of his long time girlfriend. Ig was found innocent and in the eyes of the town managed to "get away" with her murder. A year later and Ig goes on a drinking binge and can not remember anything from the night before only that he has these sharp horns growing out of his head. Strangely people unconsciously begin telling Ig their deepest secrets and desires. This was my favorite part about the novel. That people begin blurting out the truth whenever Ig is around whether you want to hear it or not. Also with just a touch Ig has the ability to know all the bad you have ever done in your life. Now Ig must navigate his life with these abilities and a pair of devil horns growing out of his head. What did Ig do the night before? Has Ig become the devil himself or is the devil the real murderer of his girlfriend? You will have to read the novel to answer these questions for yourself.
                   
P.S.  I would suggest anyone who is a fan of Stephen King to read his sons work. I look forward to watching the movie hopefully this weekend. I am interested to see how it compares to the novel.


                                                                      Until next time, Emmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment