Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Review of Risked #6 in the Missing Series by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Book Review Blog

Risked

                In the sixth novel of the Missing series Jonah, Katherine, Chip, and two other missing children in history travel to 1918 Russia where they are supposed to save Alexei and Anastasia Romanov. This novel features characters from the first book that we haven't seen since the first novel. Jonah and Katherine come closer to harm in this novel than ever before. Which is why it was interesting. 
              In this one it is interesting that Chip joins Jonah and Katherine on their trip through time. Also Jonah begins researching missing children in history when he comes across the Romanov family. Discovering that 21st century DNA tests have proven that the entire family was murdered and that there were no survivors. Ironically, as Katherine and him are researching the living replica of Anastasia knocks on their door as Daniella McCarthy. She happens to be the only person out of the 36 missing children in history that does not know anything about her past or time travel. This makes for a interesting novel but nothing that we have not seen before from the Missing series. 
              My reactions to this book are average. It was a disappointment after reading Caught. The setting and the time period of this one did not appeal to me particularly. I am starting to get burned out with the series. I hope that in the next few Haddix has time frames and plot twists that keep the readers invested. I am already invested in the six books that I have read so far and because of that I plan to continue in the series. The next novel in the series is Revealed it happens to be about Charles Lindbergh. I plan on reading next and posting a review about it soon. However, I will have to wait until Sept. 8th when the conclusion to the series Redeemed is released! This novel was not bad by any means it just simply did not reach my expectations I had for it. I would still recommend this series for any middle school student to adults. 

No comments:

Post a Comment